- 1 Onion medium size
- 1 Carrot Large
- 1 Stalk of Celery Medium size
- 1.2 kg Tomatoes
- 2 – 3 Cloves Crushed
- Chopped Parsely
- Chop the vegetables into small pieces.
- Fry the onion, carrot and celery in 30 grams of olive oil or fat, until pale brown.
- Add the sliced tomatoes and 1.2 litres of water and seasoning. (salt & Pepper)
- Boil until soft and put through a sieve.
- Reheat and thicken with a little flour and water paste if necessary.
Any Vegetables may be used . A potato with the peel left on is a good addition, also sometimes an apple is used.