Fruited Curry Sausages
Fruited Curried Sausages
PJ Mackenzie (Napier)1970?
- 500 grams Pork Sausages
- 1 Carrot Sliced
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 1 Apple Finely sliced
- 2 teaspoons Curry powder Use more if you want it stronger
- 1 cup Dried Fruit
- 1 cup Coconut Cream
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tbsp Golden Syrup or treacle
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 2 tbsp Flour You can use Cornflour
- Fry Sausages in a pan until Browned, then add and brown vegetables and apple.
- Add curry, dried fruit, coconut and water, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add Golden Syrup and Salt and thicken with Flour mixed with water.
- Simmer for a further 5 to 10 minutes.
Serve with cooked Rice.