Cream Soups quick & easy soup base
This Soup base can be used for an array of different soups
This is a base soup for Onion, Tomato, Celery, & Carrot Soups
- 2 cups Milk full cream
- Salt and Pepper to your taste
- 1 tbsp Flour Level tbsp
- 2 tbsp Butter level tbsp
- Melt the butter and add flour to make a rue.
- Add a little milk and bring to the boil.
- Gradually use up all the milk in this way to form a good base.
- Season to your taste with the salt and pepper and add any of the following.
- 2 finely-chopped onions boiled in 2 cups of water
- 2 cups stewed, sieved tomatoes and a pinch of Soda
- 1½ cups of chopped celery and add ½ cup chopped onion cooked in 2 cups of water.
- 1½ cups of grated carrot cooked in 2 cups of water.