7 Grain Bread -simple old style
7 Grain Bread
I was having a wee play with this recipe the other day and Found it to be as perfect as it can be. the loaf I made lasted 1hr then it was gone!
- 1 Food Mixer you will need, a food mixer with a dough hook (Otherwise you will have to work the dough by hand- sorry?) It will take about 20mins of hard work to do by hand.
- 4 cups Flour (High Grade Baking, Bread flour)
- 1 cup 7 grain mix This is available at any Bin-Inn Shop
- ½ cup Warm Water – Place this on the 7 Grain mix and cover For 30 mins
- ¼ cup Canola oil
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ cup Suger White or Brown
- 1½ sachet Edmonds Yeast
- 1½ cups Warm Water @45 Deg C (Important!)
- Soak the 1 cup of 7 seed grain in a container with hot water for about 30 mins. Just cover the grain, not too much ½ cup.
- Place all the ingredience in the mixing bowl including the 7 grain mx
- Start the mixer on the lowest setting for 2 mins
- Add Water then leave the mixer on a low speed for 5 mins then turn it up a little for a further 10 mins
- Take the dough out of the mixer and leave on the bench for 5 mins (Make sure you sprinkle a little flour on the bench first!)
- Mould the dough for a few minutes and shape to fit in your dish
- Spray the inside of you dish with Canola Oil, then slice 3 fine cuts across the top of your bread then place your dough in the your bread dish. At this point you could spray water on the top of your dough then add poppy sead or what ever you like? (Be cautIous of cheese)
- Then Prove the Bread, Leave it in a warm place or a very warm room for Approx 30 to 40 mins or until it has doubled in size.
- Place in a pre heated oven with forced fan or fan bake on @175 Deg C for approx 25 to 30 mins ( This timing will depend on the age of your oven) so keep a close eye on it and adjust as needed.
- Place on a wire tray and IF YOUR CAN leave it to cool for at lease 30 mins
- Thats it folks so simple and easy to make?