Simple Meat Loaf.By A.M.Russell-OwenOnerahi, WHANGAREI
- 450 g Puff Pastry
- 500 g Sausage Meat
- 1 Medium Onion Brown, Chopped and cooked in butter or oil until soft.
- ½ Cup Fresh Breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp Mixed Herbs
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup Cooked – Frozen Peas & Carrots
- 2-3 Tomatoes Optional
- 2-3 Eggs, Hard boiled and Sliced Optional
- Roll out pastry to an oblong shape and place on a cold oven tray
- Mix together sausage meat, onion, breadcrumbs, hearbs and egg.
- Fold in remaining ingredients. Put onto half of the pastry, Wet the edges and fold over.
- Cook for 15 minutes at 230°C then abouty 30 mins at 180°C or until cooked.
Serve with Tomato Sauce for lunch, or with Vegetables for dinner.