This recipe is from the mid 1940s
- 500 grams Spicey sausages pork or beef
- 1½ cups Water 375mls
- 1 medium Apple of your choice
- 1 medium Banana ripe not green
- 2 medium Onions finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Curry powder or to taste
- 1 cup Coconut cream 125mls
- 1 tablespoon Sultanas
- 1 tablespoon Vinegar
- 2 tablespoon Flour level - If you use Cornflour 1½ tbsp should be enough
- 1 tablespoon Sugar level
- Salt to taste
Boil the sausages in water first and remove the skin
Brown the sausages and onion in hot oil or butter
Drain the sausages and cut into small bite sized chunks when cooled
Dice the apple and banana
Then place all the ingredients apart from the flour in a sauspan
Simmer for 2 hours
Make a paste with the flour and a little cold water and thicken
This Recipe can also be used with curried Chicken or Beef.
DO NOT BE TEMPTED TO ADD MORE AS THIS IS SWEET ENOUGH.
You can substitute flour for cornflour.
I used Empire Mild Curry Powder to bring back the original curry taste ( Available at Countdown)